Skip to main content

THOUGHT: It Seems Like Nothing Is Happening...but Something is Getting Done

 Hello, Everyone. donovin here, with today's thought:



THOUGHT: It Seems Like Nothing Is Happening...but Something is Getting Done


I wrote this for the hard headed like me. The people who have to learn to slow down more and have anxiety less. The people that have the million things to do today list and only get a few done. Relax! 

It may seem like nothing is getting done, but something actually is. The problem I have to realize. Hopefully you will to is that we as humans have.....limitations.....yes I said it. I am not a superman. Living with that false mindset will only super burn me out! Here are somethings I have to remember when I feel nothing is getting done:

1) PRAY about It - Nothing is worth my heart rate racing, hair falling out, running to a quiet place and PRAY. When I slow down and take the time to process things.  I can get clarity and move ahead at a steady pace.

2) WRITE it down - Think about your goal and the steps to obtain it. What has been done so far? What simple action can you do today? What are the things that can distract you from completing that action?

 3) PLAN It Out - Think of a realistic time frame for steps of your goal to be done. Don't stretch it out too far. That leaves the temptation to be lazy about it. Making it too short can hinder the quality of how you step.

4) ACT - We can do the first three all day everyday, but they equal nothing until we act on what we have prayed, written down and thought of the plan for.

 

5) Do It all with Grace - No plan of action is perfect. You will make mistakes of some sort. 

You will have to regroup, try things at a different angle, etc. 

Keep working to fine tune your plan, dream, etc.     It is going to take patience.





TO SUM IT UP

When you look up and around, some of the things on your to-do list are done and you are motivated to repeat the process. You also are happy getting closer to your goal, etc. 


That's my thoughts for today. Let me know what you think. I would love to hear your thoughts. 

 

If you think this can help out someone...please share it.



Thank you,
donovin - P&S

 
 

Do you like eBooks? You can browse through a variety of books in my digital stores:
Reasonable
Check Out other Book Reviews of books I have read:
 
👕 Into T - shirts and mugs? Browse my Designs store at: donovin_4_designs 

💻 Interested in starting a Home Business? SIDE HUSTLE

 

 Pictures from Pixabay.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THOUGHT: Fear Or Faith......Which One Are You Holding Onto?

Hello, Everyone. donovin here, with today's thought: FEAR Or  FAITH ......Which One Are You Holding Onto? With all the concerns about COVID-19, I see there is a sense of fear going around. When I go to the grocery store and see people with masks on, I wonder if they are infected. Then they look at me without a mask as if I am doomed. There is a lot of mixed emotions about the whole thing and at the end of the day, the choice of how you react to the virus is yours. Before I thought of the question and title of today's thought...I was thinking of something my mother used to do with my younger sister and me. How our Mother would take us to the Video store (VHS) and would rent these cheesy zombie movies. You know these movies. The movie that would have you laughing on the floor beginning to end! Not with my Mother. My sister and I would be eating popcorn in front of the 25-inch console TV (revealing old age) on the grossest parts of the movie. I'd look bac

THOUGHT: The Direction of Your Anger (My George Floyd Reaction)

Hello, Everyone. donovin here, with today's thought:  The Direction of Your Anger (My George Floyd Reaction)  First of all, I want to send my condolences to the family and friends of George Floyd. My prayers and heart goes out to you for your loss. May God give you strength, His love, and comfort during this time. You lost a family member and/or a friend. The world lost another black man taken away from us too soon and his absence will be missed. Though I did not know George, He was/is someone's Father, Son, Brother, Uncle, Friend, etc. And his absence from the Black community and nation has been felt since his passing. I sent the past week remembering the fears of my mother and how she'd stress to me dealing with the police and statistics of black men being murdered or locked up in prison. that I would be lucky to reach 35 years old based on statistics at that time. Thank God for me beating those statistics, but there is unrest for black men in what is call

THOUGHT: Cursing/Profanity - Unnecessary Language

Hello, Everyone. donovin here, with today's thought: THOUGHT: Cursing/Profanity - Unnecessary Language This isn't an easy one to write about. Some people are probably rolling their eyes or share the sentiment of the lady in the picture of the left. That's okay and I understand, but I wanted to share my thoughts about unnecessary language of cursing as I've known it growing up and it's so called proper name, profanity. Dictionary's meaning: verb (used without object) to use profanity; curse; swear. verb (used with object) to swear at; curse: He cussed the pedestrian for getting in his way. to criticize or reprimand in harsh terms (often followed by out): The coach cussed out the team for losing. Synonyms for profanity cuss , cuss word , dirty word , expletive , four-letter word , obscenity , swear , swearword , vulgarism God's Word on the subject (just a few scriptures) 9 With the tongue we praise our