Skip to main content

THOUGHT: OFF Course

 

 Hello, Everyone. donovin here, with today's thought:


THOUGHT: OFF Course

 

 If I have to sum up this year, the word OFF comes to mind. 2020 has been a year of off course proportions! The last quarter of the year I usually start to reflect on where I am and where I want to go. Make the plans in prayer and get ready for what I think is coming.


This year I didn't expect Covid 19, The passing of  Kobe Bryant, Chadwick Boseman and one of my aunts, For the sake of time I will not add a list of things that have surprisingly knocked me off this year.

Winter is hard for me. A lot of loved ones have passed away over the years between October and December. I can't talk to them or see them physically anymore and it hurts. There can even a sadness or depression about it, if I let it. So with that normal baggage and the new baggage from 2020, I've felt off.

In the last blog, It Seems Like Nothing Is Happening...but Something is Getting Done.  I shared about pushing through with the little things until your goal is achieved. 

I can't stress enough whatever comes your and my way, regrouping emotionally is vital in moving on.

All those feelings are fighting for our attention to be put in their place. If we don't, emotions run wild and so will we in our lives. Politics, covid 19, racial injustice, death of celebrities and close relatives, job issues, health concerns and relationship challenges (distant and dissension) can be overwhelming if we don't keep emotions in their place. So what is the answer for getting back on course?

Some may not agree. I have to say for me, the answer is God. When I focus on Him, I am back focused on my dreams and goals towards them. My mind is filled with positive thinking and answers. I am flooded with material to write (didn't know I would be writing this blog today) and I move FORWARD on the course. I like the way Hebrews 12:1-3 (The Message Bible version) says this:

 


 

Discipline in a Long-Distance Race

12 1-3 Do you see what this means—all these pioneers who blazed the way, all these veterans cheering us on? It means we’d better get on with it. Strip down, start running—and never quit! No extra spiritual fat, no parasitic sins. Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we’re in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed—that exhilarating finish in and with God—he could put up with anything along the way: Cross, shame, whatever. And now he’s there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls!

 


This is one passage of scripture that keeps me going. But for today's thought this line stood out:

Because he never lost sight of where he was headed—that exhilarating finish in and with God—he could put up with anything along the way: Cross, shame, whatever. And now he’s there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. 

 

To Sum It Up

We will all have that whatever to fight through in our lives. Remember what is on the other side. It is there waiting for us. When we get through the anythings along the way. We will be there...on the other side of....you fill in the blank. I don't know this one was coming, but I hope it is encouraging to you.

 

That's my thoughts for today. Let me know what you think. I would love to hear your thoughts.

 

If you think this can help out someone...please share it.



Thank you,
donovin - P&S

=========================================================================
 
DON'T FORGET TO BROWSE THE  donovin SHOW YOUTUBE CHANNEL
 
📓 Like Poetry? Order my book of poetry, Worldly Passions.
 Also available at Rose Dog Books.com
 
 
📚 Do you like eBooks? You can browse through a variety of books in my digital stores:
Reasonable
Check Out other Book Reviews of books I have read:
 
👕 Into T - shirts and mugs? Browse my Designs store at: donovin_4_designs 

💻 Interested in starting a Home Business? SIDE HUSTLE

 
 
1st Image by kinkate from Pixabay

2nd Image by Ian Wakefield from Pixabay

3rd  Image by waldryano from Pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THOUGHT: Fear Or Faith......Which One Are You Holding Onto?

Hello, Everyone. donovin here, with today's thought: FEAR Or  FAITH ......Which One Are You Holding Onto? With all the concerns about COVID-19, I see there is a sense of fear going around. When I go to the grocery store and see people with masks on, I wonder if they are infected. Then they look at me without a mask as if I am doomed. There is a lot of mixed emotions about the whole thing and at the end of the day, the choice of how you react to the virus is yours. Before I thought of the question and title of today's thought...I was thinking of something my mother used to do with my younger sister and me. How our Mother would take us to the Video store (VHS) and would rent these cheesy zombie movies. You know these movies. The movie that would have you laughing on the floor beginning to end! Not with my Mother. My sister and I would be eating popcorn in front of the 25-inch console TV (revealing old age) on the grossest parts of the movie. I'd look bac

THOUGHT: The Direction of Your Anger (My George Floyd Reaction)

Hello, Everyone. donovin here, with today's thought:  The Direction of Your Anger (My George Floyd Reaction)  First of all, I want to send my condolences to the family and friends of George Floyd. My prayers and heart goes out to you for your loss. May God give you strength, His love, and comfort during this time. You lost a family member and/or a friend. The world lost another black man taken away from us too soon and his absence will be missed. Though I did not know George, He was/is someone's Father, Son, Brother, Uncle, Friend, etc. And his absence from the Black community and nation has been felt since his passing. I sent the past week remembering the fears of my mother and how she'd stress to me dealing with the police and statistics of black men being murdered or locked up in prison. that I would be lucky to reach 35 years old based on statistics at that time. Thank God for me beating those statistics, but there is unrest for black men in what is call

THOUGHT: Cursing/Profanity - Unnecessary Language

Hello, Everyone. donovin here, with today's thought: THOUGHT: Cursing/Profanity - Unnecessary Language This isn't an easy one to write about. Some people are probably rolling their eyes or share the sentiment of the lady in the picture of the left. That's okay and I understand, but I wanted to share my thoughts about unnecessary language of cursing as I've known it growing up and it's so called proper name, profanity. Dictionary's meaning: verb (used without object) to use profanity; curse; swear. verb (used with object) to swear at; curse: He cussed the pedestrian for getting in his way. to criticize or reprimand in harsh terms (often followed by out): The coach cussed out the team for losing. Synonyms for profanity cuss , cuss word , dirty word , expletive , four-letter word , obscenity , swear , swearword , vulgarism God's Word on the subject (just a few scriptures) 9 With the tongue we praise our