Skip to main content

Random THOUGHT: Streaming Control

 

Random THOUGHT: Streaming Control 











In my Last Random Thought, I talked about Marvel Movies, and how I thought those movies have been used to increase our patience. Today, I wanted to talk about another group of people messing with my patience.



When I was a kid, waiting until the nest week to watch the next episode of a TV show was normal.

Fast forward to now, there are many streaming networks that are popular, addictive and competitive, with everybody and their momma watching one.

Which brings me to my thought. Like it was when I was a kid, the “network” had the control. I had to wait until the next week to see the next episode. When streaming first came out, we got spoiled. You were able to watch a whole season of a show in a day if you wanted. Some cases, that is still an option.



But…I noticed on a lot of new shows, some networks are milking our patience like the old TV networks did. We have to wait a week to see the next episode. Why is like this with certain shows and I can binge the rest? 



Maybe the “network” is trying to keep us subscribed for that content. I don’t know, but doesn’t it seem coincidental? Are They trying to make me go through binge withdrawal? It’s too late for that. It tests my patience when the streaming networks are selective with shows they air on a weekly basis.

What do you think?

Does this irritate you?

Do you think this method helps or hurts viewers?

 

Leave your comments down below. I’d like to hear your thoughts about this.

That’s my random thought for today, 

Remember, if you like this Blog: Comment and Subscribe.

Donovin out, PEACE!

=========================================================================

Pictures used in Blog are courtesy of Pixabay.com

netflix-3733812_1920

television-5017861_1920

money-4186235_1920

========================================================================= 

DON'T FORGET TO BROWSE THE  donovin SHOW YOUTUBE CHANNEL

 
📓 Like Poetry? Order my book of poetry, Worldly Passions.
 Also available at Rose Dog Books.com
 
 
📚 Do you like eBooks? You can browse through a variety of books in my digital stores:
Reasonable
Check Out other Book Reviews of books I have read:
 
👕 Into T - shirts and mugs? Browse my Designs store at: donovin_4_designs 

💻 Interested in starting a Online Business? SIDE HUSTLE







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THOUGHT: Fear Or Faith......Which One Are You Holding Onto?

Hello, Everyone. donovin here, with today's thought: FEAR Or  FAITH ......Which One Are You Holding Onto? With all the concerns about COVID-19, I see there is a sense of fear going around. When I go to the grocery store and see people with masks on, I wonder if they are infected. Then they look at me without a mask as if I am doomed. There is a lot of mixed emotions about the whole thing and at the end of the day, the choice of how you react to the virus is yours. Before I thought of the question and title of today's thought...I was thinking of something my mother used to do with my younger sister and me. How our Mother would take us to the Video store (VHS) and would rent these cheesy zombie movies. You know these movies. The movie that would have you laughing on the floor beginning to end! Not with my Mother. My sister and I would be eating popcorn in front of the 25-inch console TV (revealing old age) on the grossest parts of the movie. I'd look bac

THOUGHT: The Direction of Your Anger (My George Floyd Reaction)

Hello, Everyone. donovin here, with today's thought:  The Direction of Your Anger (My George Floyd Reaction)  First of all, I want to send my condolences to the family and friends of George Floyd. My prayers and heart goes out to you for your loss. May God give you strength, His love, and comfort during this time. You lost a family member and/or a friend. The world lost another black man taken away from us too soon and his absence will be missed. Though I did not know George, He was/is someone's Father, Son, Brother, Uncle, Friend, etc. And his absence from the Black community and nation has been felt since his passing. I sent the past week remembering the fears of my mother and how she'd stress to me dealing with the police and statistics of black men being murdered or locked up in prison. that I would be lucky to reach 35 years old based on statistics at that time. Thank God for me beating those statistics, but there is unrest for black men in what is call

THOUGHT: Cursing/Profanity - Unnecessary Language

Hello, Everyone. donovin here, with today's thought: THOUGHT: Cursing/Profanity - Unnecessary Language This isn't an easy one to write about. Some people are probably rolling their eyes or share the sentiment of the lady in the picture of the left. That's okay and I understand, but I wanted to share my thoughts about unnecessary language of cursing as I've known it growing up and it's so called proper name, profanity. Dictionary's meaning: verb (used without object) to use profanity; curse; swear. verb (used with object) to swear at; curse: He cussed the pedestrian for getting in his way. to criticize or reprimand in harsh terms (often followed by out): The coach cussed out the team for losing. Synonyms for profanity cuss , cuss word , dirty word , expletive , four-letter word , obscenity , swear , swearword , vulgarism God's Word on the subject (just a few scriptures) 9 With the tongue we praise our